Friday, July 17, 2009

Home Sweet Home! (Andrew Edition)

My recount is short and sweet... While away for the first half I suffered very little home sickness, we were too busy and it was only 3 months, but here are some of my favourite activities while home...



A FEW HI-LITES FROM MY TIME AT HOME:


Toronto:
On my first full day I had to report to jury duty only hours after landing at Pearson International. Nicola and I took the train in to Toronto from Oshawa, Nic to see family and me to put bad guys away... I was all prepared to sing my sad story of being home between two long trips for only ten days and my plans to see my family during that time. Well they were not really receptive to this excuse as everyone had one and being between long vacations did not rank high with: having three kids and being a single mother, working two jobs to support sick parents, or studying for a double major... needles to say I was going to sit jury duty for my required seven days... UNTILL they read the three rules which must be satisfied...

Rule 1 - You must be a Canadian Citizen... CHECK
Rule 2 - You must be over the age of 18... CHECK
Rule 3 - You must be a resident of Toronto... BOOOYAH!

Who knew living with your In-Laws would pay off soo quickly. So after showing a few envelopes with my new address I was excused from sitting for the next three years... civic duty avoided!


I got to hang with my Mom, Bro and Sis: The Monday night we all met for pizza and wings and Bridget surprised me with Reily Butttons.

Playing Baseball with my Men's league team: I got to play with my team, who have been kicking but in my absence, but never the less we went down 8-1 after the first inning then staged a huge comeback and layed down an ass whooping... season started and finished as a champion!

Got to go to the Beats, Breaks an Culture festival: My yearly pilgrimage to the Harbourfront... This years performance by HOLY F!CK was memorable!

BBQ at Paul & Florence's house: (My Dad and Step Mother) Where we got to get together with all of my family.

Got to see Reily-Buttons: Our dog whom we missed so much during the past 3 months. He has been staying with the very capable and great doggie sitters Bridget and her family (My big sis) and in May with Phyllis (My mom) It was so exciting to see him after all this time, but also very sad to say goodbye again.

NEW PURCHASE: We are pleased to announce the arrival of our brand new "Netbook" computer. Now we can be connected anywhere we go. Now I will be able draft all the right football players in my Fantasy Football leagues... The pressures of finishing a champion? We are really enjoying having the computer... as most places we have been able to offer free WiFi.

ANOTHER NEW ITEM: A small insignificant strap had broken on my BRIO 70 backpack from MEC and so I went to have it fixed. They unfortunately did not have the right hardware to perform the repair correctly so they gave a new bag credit and I upgraded to the IBEX 80... Bigger and Badder!?

Although our visit at home wasn't very long... we are so glad that we had the opportunity to do see everyone and drink non-light beer!

Click on picture below to see the album in Picasa.



Toronto, Canada



~Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment