Sunday, April 5, 2009

Oooo my belly!






A trip wouldn't be a trip without me getting sick! As anyone who's close to me knows, if there's a strange stomach bug to be caught in a country other than home, I will catch it! So on my 2nd night in Santiago I got SICK. Let's just say... last night wasn't pleasant. But I'm happy to report I am fully recovered and starving for food!!!!!

Our 2nd day in Santiago was as follows:

We really felt like we should get out and explore this amazing city. So in the morning we decided to go for an early morning hike up the very steep hill of Cerro San Cristobal. Right before I left the hostel I decided to bring my hiking shoes and wear my flip flops as the weather was warm and the sun was shining. Right at the bottom of the mountain I went to change my shoes and guess what??? I forgot to pack them in the backpack... so I had to do the steep climb up and down in my flip flops!!! Definately something that I wouldn't advise to do! It was a pretty intense walk, but as Cameron and Nicole tell us "it's nothing compared to Macchu Picchu." We then went exploring the city on foot for the rest of the afternoon.
That evening we decided to sit on a couple patios to eat, drink, socialize and of course People Watch! Thus far Santiago has been an amazing city... very modern and clean. The foods been great but from now on I think I'll be watching what I eat a little closer!

~Nicola

3 comments:

  1. Nice! Photos, please. I need visuals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicola,
    Your journey has just commenced and it is already filled with excitement and fun - may it continue like this for all the 7 months. Take care and be safe.
    Really enjoy reading your blog - it is the closest I will come to visiting some of these places!!!!
    Preethi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you two are having a great time! We leave for Florida Thursday morning at 4AM!
    Post when you can & let us all know what you've been up to!

    ReplyDelete